Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up to date.
- We guarantee that no user data, personal or otherwise, will ever be passed to external agencies or third parties for any reason unless required by law.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
In addition, this site uses Google Analytics to monitor website activity. For more information on how Google collects and processes data please see How Google Uses Data When You Use Partner Sites Or Apps.
- Legal Age and Capacity
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1. We respect your right to privacy, as contained in section 14 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa 108 of 1996, and which forms the cornerstone of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
2.2. In order for us to assist you, it may be necessary for you to share some of your personal information with us from time to time.
2.3. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users on our website. For the purposes of this section, “Personal Information” will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in POPIA. Any such Personal Information that you may share with us, and the reasons why such information is required, will depend on the nature and scope of your relationship with us.
2.4. We subscribe to the principles for electronically collecting Personal Information outlined in POPIA, and the further legislation referred to therein, and are committed to maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
2.5. We use suppliers and service providers who we trust to provide services to us and sometimes that may involve sharing your information with them. They operate under strict requirements aimed at keeping your Personal Information secure and confidential and they will only use such information for the purpose for which we have sent it to them.
2.6. While we may transfer and outsource your Personal Information for operational reasons and to execute our instructions, all Personal Information submitted or provided by you will be treated confidentially and we will not sell, rent, lease or disclose your Personal Information to unauthorised third parties.
2.7. In the event that we are or become legally obliged to do so, we may of course also have to provide your Personal information to appropriate authorities or regulatory bodies.
- PRIVACY STATEMENT
- The provision and performance of any services obtained from us.
- Informing you of changes made to our services offered.
- The provision of marketing related services to you by us.
- Responding to any queries or requests you may have.
- Developing a more direct and substantial relationship with users for the purposes described in this clause.
- Understanding general user trends and patterns so that we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies.
- For security, administrative and/or legal purposes.
- The creation and development of market data profiles which may provide insight into market norms, practices and trends to help us improve our offering to you. Such information will be compiled and retained in aggregated form but shall not be used in any manner that may comprise the identity of a user.
- For any other purpose relating to providing products and services, and when we have a legal duty to use or disclose your information.
3.3. Other than in terms of clauses 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7 above, the Personal Information that we collect from our users will only be accessed by our employees, representatives, service providers and consultants on a need-to-know basis, and subject to reasonable confidentiality obligations binding such persons.
3.4. We store your Personal Information directly, or alternatively, store your Personal Information on, and transfer your Personal Information to, a central database. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of Personal Information, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
- COLLECTION OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION
4.1. Technical information refers to all information that does not by itself identify a specific individual user.
4.2. As you navigate our website, certain technical information may be passively collected by our web server through the use of ‘cookies’ and/or ‘server logs’ and by proceeding to use the Website you accordingly acknowledge and agree to this.
- 5. SECURITY
5.1. We take your privacy and the security of your Personal Information seriously.
5.2. For this purpose, we –
- have implemented reasonable and up-to-date security safeguards;
- have in place reasonable technical (electronic) and organisational (non-electronic) security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process; and
- regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
5.3. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure at all times. Thus, although we use reasonably endeavours to ensure the integrity, security and confidentiality of Personal Information submitted and/or obtained from you, we cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring in relation to the personal technology devices of users, such as, but not limited to, personal computers, tablets and mobile phones due to the lack of adequate virus protection software and/or spyware.
5.4. In addition to the above, subject to the provisions of POPIA and related legislation, the Company will not be held liable under any circumstances if Personal Information shared by yourself, in the manner as contemplated herein but which takes place at your own risk, is compromised, disseminated or otherwise disclosed through conduct outside our reasonable control, for example by means of hacking, infection by viruses, trojan horses or any other computer programming routines or software that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Personal Information.
5.5. While we cannot prevent all security threats or ensure and/or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments and will let you know of any breaches which affect your Personal Information.
- 6. YOUR RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES
6.1. You have the right to know what Personal Information we have about you, to correct it, and to opt out of any direct marketing.
6.2. In addition to the above, you have the right to:
- ask what Personal Information we hold about you;
- ask what information was sent to our suppliers, service providers or any other third party.
- ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect Personal Information we hold about you.
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you; and/or
- object to the processing of your Personal Information.
6.3. Please take note that it can take us up to 21 days to respond to your request in terms of this clause.
6.4. If you want us to delete all Personal Information we have about you, you will probably have to terminate all agreements you have with us. We cannot maintain our relationship with you without having some of your Personal Information.
6.5. We can refuse to delete your information if we are required by law to retain it or if we need it to protect our rights.
7.1 Your consent applies to the following domains: www.ec.co.za
7.2 What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
As most of the online services, our website uses first party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
7.4 What types of cookies do we use?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
7.5 How can I control the cookie preferences?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
8. CONTACT US
Should you want to request access to a record, object to the processing of personal information, or request for the correction or deletion of personal information, you can download the FORM A, FORM 1, or FORM B at the end of our PAIA Manual, which explains the process.
Enterprisecloud may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
© Enterprisecloud 2023 All rights reserved
© Enterprisecloud 2023 All rights reserved